At Kongsberg Maritime AS, we believe in handling challenging problems and delivering excellent performance in extreme conditions. We do that through delivering world-class products and services, which are the basis of the solutions that deliver benefits to our customers.
Do you want to be part of KM’s transformation by taking the lead in advising and designing electrical power system solutions?
We are seeking for highly motivated Electrical Engineers, with experience from maritime system solutions and system integrations. The position is central for our projects deliveries and we are looking for a candidate who is interested in working in a challenging and international environment. We are gearing up for the future of smart electrification and these positions will take part in to support our global solutions for electrical marine power plants.
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Preparation of technical specification, functional description and design documentation according to customer specifications, regulations, standards and class requirements (DNV-GL, ABS, Lloyds, Bureau Veritas etc.)
- Parametrization and programming of Siemens S120 Converters (Sinamics DCC)
- Package responsible for applications with sophisticate power electronics i.e Thruster Drives, DC Switchboards, Energy Storage Systems
- Package responsible for delivery from contract launch to commissioning/sea trial
Qualifications / skills:
- MSc or BSc in power electronics or similar
- Experience with designing, following-up and commissioning of complex application involving power conversion equipment AC\DC, DC\AC and DC\DC
- Hands on experience of commissioning of drives
We can offer:
- An international, dynamic and creative environment
- Career development opportunities
- Inspiring international working environment
- Collaboration with several different departments and functions
The position requires some travel activities to follow up our projects world wide, such as Europe, US and Asia. Working place may be in our offices in Sandefjord, Asker, Kongsberg or Oslo.
Relevant candidates will be contacted consecutively.