Job Description - Sr Technical Product Owner (19WD32407)
Sr Technical Product Owner19WD32407Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Senior Technical Product Owner Location
Location: San Francisco, CA -United States
Job ID: 19WD32407
Position OverviewThe Senior Technical Product Owner (TPO) is responsible for originating the technical vision of what should be built, and conveying that vision to the Agile team, with an understanding that shared understanding, across the entire team, will facilitate for more agility, better quality and faster results. Working with the assigned scrum team, the TPO collaborates on user story definition, and what “done” looks like, using a variety of tools and process, like user story mapping, for example. Groomed stories are prioritized by the TPO in the team’s backlog, balanced with CICD pipeline health, and keeping any technical debt in check. User stories are the primary deliverable in the team’s backlog, but, we rely on constant collaboration and team work, across many time zones and Geos, to ensure sprint commitments are kept and met.
As part of the Agile development team, the TPO works closely with the scrum master, scrum team members, associated product managers, architects and user interface designers, as well as other Business and technical stakeholders, to maintain alignment of the team’s deliverables with broader product and company strategic goals. The TPO is commonly a subject matter expert of the existing system to be enhanced, or, a knowledgeable professional [from marketing, product management, or other field] with a solid understanding of Autodesk customers and the market place Autodesk participates in. Knowing the competition would be an asset and being aware of future technical trends for the domain or type of system under development will ensure longevity in this fast past, bleeding edge technical organization.
- 6+ years of experience in product ownership, project management or other coordination role
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences - internal, external, business and technical
- Excellent presentation skills and ease in speaking in front of large groups
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile/ Lean Startup methodologies (experience working in a rapid prototyping environment a plus)
- Technical fluency; understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- Experience working with large scale web applications.
- Highly motivated, disciplined and self-directed with a commitment to excellence
- Exceptional planning, facilitation, dependency management, risk management & analysis skills
- Ability to execute and manage performance and expectations within a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Ability to coach, mentor and advocate at multiple levels, including team members, product owners and management
- Preference for collaborative work within an agile practice as a member of a multi- discipline team
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.