Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Job DescriptionMott MacDonald is seeking a process engineer to join our oil and gas team in Pearland, TX
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Interface between clients, project teams and resources
- Perform work on multiple projects under the direction of a professional engineer
- Perform process design, develop preliminary process flow diagrams and prepare work for review
- Develop HYSYS and ProMax models of process systems
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams(PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Prepare process designs for conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design project phases
- Prepare and check process data sheets for facility equipment
- Provide process-engineering tasks as required to ensure a project is executed cost effectively and passes the required performance test
- Provide project support assistance as required to ensure project completion and hand-over is executed cost effectively
Candidate SpecificationTo be successful in this role, you will need to possess the following skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering, degree from an ABET accredited program preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in process engineering in one or more of the following project types: natural gas pipeline, facilities, liquids, midstream and treatment.
- PE designation, preferred
- Familiar with ProMax, HYSYS, and similar modeling software or willing to become proficient
- Knowledgeable in US piping codes B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and related API, and NFPA codes
- Excellent written, presentation, verbal and client communication skills
A strong desire to provide excellent, innovative, practical customer service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments consecutively in order to deliver on time and within budget
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude and team based interpersonal skills