Job Description - CLOUD ENGINEER / DATABASE / MIDDLE TIER / NETWORK / UNIX TECHNOLOGIST (18001J97)
CLOUD ENGINEER / DATABASE / MIDDLE TIER / NETWORK / UNIX TECHNOLOGIST-18001J97
CLOUD ENGINEER / DATABASE / MIDDLE TIER / NETWORK / UNIX TECHNOLOGIST
JOB SUMMARY:Seeking a highly self-motivated individual with broad technical experience and the ability / willingness to learn what they don’t know to support and maintain a large global environment.
Candidate must be able to solve complex technical problems, work with a global team, handle escalations, proactively identify problem areas and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Hands on experience with a wide variety of technologies such as Weblogic, Oracle Database, Networking, Firewalls, Unix and SQL.
Strong customer focus and ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people from end users through senior management.
Requirements and technical skills: See Below
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:Typically requires a minimum of 4-8 years hands on experience with a variety of technologies such as Database, Middle Tier, Networking, Firewalls and Unix Administration.
This will include installation, debugging, trouble shooting, performance tuning, patching, upgrading and on-going support for all areas.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Technical Certifications and additional experience will be considered).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of multiple technologies such as:
- * Database Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (Oracle 11g / 12c)
- * Mid-tier Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (Weblogic)
- * Linux Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (preferably Oracle Linux, CentOS or Redhat)
- * Programming / Scripting (bash / sh shell scripting required, Python, Ruby, csh, ksh, Perl, php, all desirable)
- * Oracle Fusion Middleware products and business applications based on Fusion Middleware stack e.g. OBIEE, Endeca, ODI, etc.
- * Networking Switches / Routers / Firewalls
- * Naming / Authentication services (DNS, LDAP)
- * Virtualization technologies deployment and support (OVM, OCI)
- * OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure support
- * Microsoft Windows server
- * Fluent in English (Mandatory: excellent spoken and written skills)
- * Mentoring and Leadership skills
- * Perform light lifting - 25lbs (able to install a 2U server in a Rack)
- * Must be able to troubleshoot problems remotely, assist end users via phone, e-mail and ticketing systems
- * Familiar with support services, escalation management, customer relationship management solutions (IT ticketing systems)
- * Be part of a 24x7x365 team possibly including on-call and weekend work (Saturday and Sunday)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Jill Hulme, Director of Strategic Initiatives Marketing, overcame the impossible and transformed into a triathlete. She applies her fearlessness and determination to #LifeatOracle