What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
About the Position:AMD Graphics Platform Engineering Team is on the lookout for a dynamic, energetic debug Engineer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will support silicon bring up, debug, validation and customer issues across all RTG consumer and server products. This position is based in Markham, Canada.
- Lead & drive post-silicon debug efforts to identify root cause and resolution of AMD's newest dGPU
- Perform system-level debug and root cause analysis to narrow down the issues to various HW/SW blocks
- Own and drive cross functional engineering efforts to root cause of sightings and verification of fixes
- Drive silicon debug of issues found in Bring-up, Platform validation, and characterization and customer issues across all RTG consumer and server products.
- Leading collaborative technical discussions to drive resolution on technical issues and roll out technical initiatives
- Supporting issues on customer platforms as requested by customer support teams
- Be able to work in a high demand, fast paced environment with lots of real-time problem solving and critical thinking
- Generates and presents status to Executive of plans, progress and issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, with advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture (CPU/APU, graphic cards, memory, bus logic, and display technologies) and software architecture (driver, bios, firmware usage)
- Familiarity with industry-standard high-speed protocols, and test methodologies
- Hands-on experience with laboratory equipment (i.e., oscilloscopes and logic analyzers)
- Solid understanding of circuits design, software (driver/bios) architecture
- Hands-on debug experience with dGPU/APU, motherboards, memory interface, bus logic a definite asset
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Programming/Software development knowledge with experience with scripting languages such as Ruby/Python/Perl
- Critical thinking skills, be able to design experimental testing for debugging purposes
- Leadership and mentoring skills a definite asset
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Requisition Number: 72455
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: DesignAMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.