What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Technical engineering leader responsible for System and Silicon Debug , Validation, and customer interaction across AMD Enterprise products. These systems are integrated combinations of computer hardware components (CPUs, graphics, memory, IO adapters and peripherals) and software components (firmware, BIOS, drivers, OS, virtualization, system management, and applications). This individual will interface with Silicon design, FW Design, Platform Design, Debug leads, Software and Validation teams to debug high priority silicon features and provide detailed technical direction and prioritize debug actions, test planning, and execution for all aspects of AMD’s enterprise product Validation and ramp to production.
The candidate must have a BSEE with 9 years or MSEE degree with 7 years of relevant working experience in new product development from a silicon design, platform design and/or product engineering discipline. The candidate should have experience as a technical leader. The candidate must also have a strong understanding of the general silicon engineering process (preferably CPU or GPU), from concept to tape-out and then production. Furthermore the candidate should have experience with driving a multi-site and multi-disciplined engineering program teams and cross sight debug. A successful candidate must have exceptional verbal, as well as written, communication skills.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
Enterprise Emulation and validation execution leadership across AMD server products
Drive Emulation, Silicon validation, Debug, and characterization of existing and new microprocessor SOC products
- Work with cross organizational teams to ensure Silicon/SW/Platform/etc. features are in sync, development is supported, and validation is planned
- Develop and drive detailed workflow for all development and Validation through Phased Validation Process
- Ensure that all responsibilities are clearly defined across all relevant and participating organizations.
- Lead complex debug efforts for both internal and external (i.e. customer/partner) findings to identify root cause and resolution
- Prioritize defect resolution by negotiating cross-organizational team resource allocations
- Drive solid solutions to technical issues and design challenges
- Identify & Root-cause failures found in SoC Validation and Characterization
- Debug OS/Application level failures using Microsoft and/or Linux Kernel Debugger.
- Develop pre-silicon readiness and post-silicon plan to validate specific IPs/functional blocks within the SOC (covering both functional operation and electrical characteristics)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in developing HW/SW tools to improve SoC Validation coverage & Debug timeline
- Work with cross-functional teams to proactively improve post-silicon Validation test strategy, methodology and process
- Develop post-silicon validation infrastructure (Software, Hardware, Automation, and lab setup)
- Ability to structure and execute complex analysis, draw insights, and communicate summary findings/recommendations to senior management as well as AMD customers
- Ability to network, build relationships, and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent debugging skills at SoC and System level
- Exposure to DFT Concepts (Scan, BIST), JTAG Debuggers
- Strong knowledge of modern OS kernel (MS, Linux) and programming / scripting language (C/C++, Python, Perl, …
- Strong understanding of industry standard IO interfaces(DDR3, DDR4, SATA3, USB3, PCIe3, XGbE)
- Familiarity with pre-silicon environments (Verification, Emulation, Virtual Bring-Up) is a plus
- Prior experience with server system design and validation
- Experience with Computer Architecture concepts and silicon features
- Experience with Hypervisors (VMware, KVM, XEN, Hyper-V, etc.), and validation/certification processes for each of these environments
Requisition Number: 69766
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin