What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is searching for a Client Software product manager to define and drive the software strategy for AMD desktop and mobile products to match the evolving needs of the market. The Client Software product manager is the primary point of business ownership for OS, driver, and software components that bring to life the Ryzen product family.
THE PERSON:The ideal candidate will have experience in software product management/program management with an emphasis on Client Windows and Linux operating systems. The candidate should have strong capabilities to collaborate with marketing, product management, engineering, and business development teams to achieve outstanding business results.
- Ability to guide product definition using credible insights developed by interacting with end customers, strategic partners and by following usage, market and economic trends.
- The ability to tradeoff multiple constraints and chart a clear and differentiated path for AMD’s Client software products.
- Strong communication skills to address multiple internal and external stakeholders. Specifically must possess the technical ability to dialogue at a feature and IP level with internal hardware and software architects as well as external customer experts.
- Must understand industry trends of Client CPU and APU hardware and software ecosystems, and end user behavior and usage models across consumer, gaming, and commercial segments.
- Ability to convert highly technical value propositions into a compelling business case
- Define and drive Client strategy for AMD software across product portfolio, R+R configurations, and OS release cadence
- Work with peer product managers in the Client team to define software requirements for future Client products
- Manage new feature requests for Client products, authoring requirements, use cases, and negotiating scoping with engineering
- Work across internal and external software teams to drive roadmap for Radeon Software, chipset drivers, software RAID, and any bundled value add software deliverables
- Work with value add Software Product Management teams to define and drive Client products’ feature requirements and timing
- Drive requirements for SW analytics and reporting into the development of all Client software deliverables
- Define and drive strategy for how/when Radeon SW and updates get posted to AMD.com and WU
- Mange release of all Client software components to AMD.com and WU including Radeon driver, chipset driver, software RAID, and any bundled value add software components
Requisition Number: 72309
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin