What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The primary role of this position is:This is a test engineering position responsible for integration of content and release of test programs to high volume manufacturing on next-generation AMD microprocessors. Position includes test planning, pattern conversion, pattern debug, silicon characterization/debug and data analysis. You will be part of a larger team that correlates the test solution to lab/manufacturing/customer platforms to validate product design, fabrication process, packaging technology, and manufacturing robustness to product specifications.
- Has responsibility for projects or processes of significant technical importance and for results in own area and interdependencies of related areas.
- Solves complex, novel and non-recurring problems; initiates significant changes to existing processes/methods and leads development and implementation.
- Influences technical decisions that have a significant impact on final product.
- Involves collaboration on or assuming the consultative or leadership responsibilities for a specific project or for product development initiatives.
- Is required to deal with internal groups on behalf of the group or project.
- Has accountability for results in a particular area of work.
- Influences others as a technical leader.
- Generates publication(s) relevant to areas of expertise
- Identify and plan product improvement activities to reduce cost, improve yield and resolve quality issues.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with other departments.
- Other duties as necessary.
Qualifications:Years of experience and education: Candidates will have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- >1 years of experience in semiconductor product development.
- >1 years of experience with developing tests, patterns/vectors, timing, and diagnostics on Automated Test Equipment.
- >1 years of experience generating and converting ATE patterns.
- >1 years of experience releasing test programs to high volume manufacturing.
- Experience in XP, AGILE, Scrum, or Kanban as Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Statistical analysis experience to determine population mean and outliers.
- Pareto analysis experience to drive a debug process.
- Experience generating a publication relevant to areas of expertise.
- Debug experience in hardware, software, device, and/or manufacturing domains.
- Experience with logic analyzers, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and other debug tools.
- Experience with revision control (GIT, SVN, CVS, RCS or similar).
- Experience with a scripting language (Perl, Python, shell script, or similar).
- Experience with Linux or UNIX Operating Systems.
- Experience with Microsoft standard apps (i.e. Office) & Windows.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with geographically distributed product engineering teams.
- Experience with C++, Java, C, or C#.
- Familiar with JTAG IEEE 1149.1 specification.
- Familiar with hardware description languages.
- Courses or certifications in project management (PMI, LSS, AGILE).
Requisition Number: 72514
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin