Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colorful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a Technical Consultant for Customer Service to join our team in Berlin!
As a Technical Consultant, your mission will be to configure, maintain and optimise our internal tools, in close communication with all Customer Service teams. In addition, you will contribute to the evolution of the product platform itself, collaborating with a variety of stakeholders. Our Tech team in Customer Service provides 3rd level services, tests and verifies technical or functional product issues and connects with development teams to get them solved.
- Support Customer Service Teams in solving technical and functional customer requests
- Collaborate with other Babbel departments by forwarding and distributing information and feedback
- Be a technical spokesperson between customer service and other departments to ensure issues are addressed and weighted accordingly
- Provide documentation and solutions for Customer facing technical issues
- Be a resource for agents requiring deeper explanations and technical know-how
- Maintain and administrate internal tools for Customer Service
- A quick learner
- Fluent in verbal and written English (other languages are an advantage)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving-skills
- Practical experience in usage and configuration of Request Trackers (Zendesk), JIRA and SaaS tools for customer communication (Chat, Social media etc.)
- Sound understanding of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Operating Systems Windows and MacOS and different Browsers for Computers
- Sound understanding of mobile Operating Systems and device functionality (iOS and Android)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in Data Analysis
- Basic understanding of Programming languages
- Worked with optimising User Interfaces or UX Background
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page, our blog and ourtechblog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!