Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a world that is rife with talks of walls, we’re building bridges - making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to, so come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.Babbel is for everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colourful by the day. Meeting those needs means ensuring users see themselves reflected - not just in our product
- but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a Working Student for our Lingo Ventura team in Berlin!
Our Lingo Ventura department is providing a platform for arranging language travel exchanges as a full service (finding the schools, courses, guest families or hostels and additional activities). Not only do we make your language travel as easy as possible, but we also make it a unique experience! With us, people can immerse themselves in new and exciting cultures and learn languages naturally.
- Support and further development of the sales department in German and English language
- Support our Lingo Ventura team with the day-to-day business tasks
- Do operational customer service by phone and email
- Support of account management
- Solve exiting challenges and evolve and maintain the product portfolio
- Forward complex requests regarding reservation, registration and payment processes
- Act as a connector between customers and language schools
- A student in the field of tourism, communication, business studies or linguistic
- Interested in the field of travel and languages
- Service-oriented and you have excellent communication skills
- Proactive and with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Available for a minimum 12 months working student position
- An engaging personality and natural ability to connect and interact with people
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to communicate with partners and Customers
- Basic experience with Google products (e.g. Forms, Sheets) or MS Office etc.
- Very good German language skills (at native level)
- A very good command of English
Nice to have:
- Initial experienced in telephone customer care
- High intercultural awareness and engagement to collaborate across diverse teams
Why Babbel?Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems - at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and ourtechblog!
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us!