With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are available via the Babbel website as well as for smartphone and tablet. At Babbel, more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Didactics – Babbel's team of language experts – is seeking a Content Strategist for educational podcasts and videos to support our in-house learning media productions.
Your role will be to research and define successful language learning podcasts and videos as part of a small team of media producers. You’ll collaborate closely with a large team of language experts and other teams in order to define the way language is taught through rich media. Your primary tasks will be to establish and provide knowledge and concepts for multi-language productions and to strategically situate and publish them.
You’re a passionate researcher who enjoys sharing and presenting your findings. You are adept at developing strategies and defining overarching concepts for successful podcasts and videos. You have a keen eye for small details, whilst never losing sight of the bigger picture. You’re an expert at streamlining concepts and making sure they comply with defined strategies of success. You are a language enthusiast and love to empower others, collaborate, and are open to feedback and ideas. You can say 'no' to things when necessary, whilst offering more effective solutions. If you’d enjoy shaping the future of the audiovisual learning experience here at Babbel, then this is the role for you!
We’re looking for someone to join our team in a full-time position as soon as possible.
- Research successful language learning podcasts and videos
- Present outcomes regularly and turn them into concepts
- Define success criteria and set product-development milestones
- Develop and shape a holistic hands-free concept
- Support video producers to develop effective educational video concepts for multiple languages
- Define project requirements and brief stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Work closely with product managers, linguists, engineers, UX and media producers to ensure project realisation
- Valuable experience in product development/management or audiovisual production
- Excellent English proficiency
- Excellent proficiency in at least one of Babbel’s other 13 languages
- Good knowledge of social media engagement and/or podcast release platforms (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, landing pages, etc.)
- University degree in Media and Communication Studies, Linguistics, Education or a related field
- Experience in Instructional Design, developing educational content, and/or teaching experience
- Great people skills and sensitivity for cultural differences and diversity
- A self-organised, transparent, and team-oriented working style
Nice to have:
- Knowledge about the digital self-study industry
- Experience with UI/UX
- Experience in product marketing or a related field
- Excellent working conditions in the heart of Berlin
- Opportunity for personal growth and development: we are a learning company and take learning seriously
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international team from over 50 different nationalities
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
Join one of the fastest growing education technology companies and contribute in making learning a whole new experience!