ASSA ABLOY Door Security Solutions provides end-users (healthcare facilities, schools, universities, military, commercial buildings, etc.) with unsurpassed security and life-safety solutions and the essential support services (LEED consultation, code compliance, access control system integration, product research and selection, specification writing services, technical support, etc.) to ensure well-functioning doorway systems in the commercial building industry. This is all accomplished by combining the strengths of industry-leading door and hardware brands. Visit www.assaabloydss.com for more information.
JOB SUMMARYProvide professional door and hardware consulting and software integration services to architectural, construction, security consultant, and end user clients with the objective of making the Openings Studio BIM platform the preferred application used in Division 08 design, specification, construction, and facility management.
- Act as a professional and knowledgeable consulting resource regarding ASSA ABLOY DSS door and hardware product applications and integration of Openings Studio across the entire building project life cycle.
- Responsible for supporting and executing an organizational wide market strategy for 3D BIM project delivery utilizing the Openings Studio software platform.
- Conduct targeted consulting calls and project support activities on behalf of ASSA ABLOY DSS including:
- A/E Firms actively engaged using BIM software in their design and specification process.
- Security Consultant Firms actively engaged using BIM content and tools to produce EAC specifications and drawings.
- Design-Build Contractors, Construction-Managers-At-Risk, Self-Performing Contractors and similar type Construction firms actively using BIM software tools and content for the management of project materials and installation.
- ASSA ABLOY Distribution Channel Partners who are actively using software applications integrated with Openings Studio for their Division 08 project estimating, scheduling, pre-installed hardware, project management and installation.
- Owners and End Users requiring BIM content from their project design and construction processes to be used in facility and product life cycle management.
- Work in conjunction with the ASSA ABLOY Regional Architectural Directors and their respective consulting teams to maximize defined team goals.
- Train and provide technical support to designated external client users and ASSA ABLOY consultants and specialists on the recommended usage and application of the Openings Studio software applications.
- Assist with in-field and job-site professional services including, project "punch-out" in support of architectural specifications, construction project management services, site surveys, end user opening inspections (fire, egress and life safety, security, other), end user smart tagging and documentation.
- Identify and track major projects as targets for Openings Studio consulting, integration, and professional services opportunities.
- Routinely interact and communicate with regional ASSA ABLOY DSS sales territories concerning related initiatives, project tracking, sales presentations, training, and related marketplace strategies.
- Active networking in agreed upon regional industry professional organizations such as (Software User Groups, CSI, AGC, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Accredited college or university degree is a minimum requirement. Preference for in an industry related program (Architecture, Architectural Drafting and CADD, Architectural Engineering, Construction Science and Management, or similar).
- Minimum 3 years industry related experience, including door and hardware specifications, electronic access control hardware applications, specification and software training and support, and project management.
- Professional credentials such as AIA, AHC, CDC, CDT, CM-BIM, or similar industry related designations are a plus.
- High level of proficiency with computer software applications including major Microsoft "Office Suite" programs.Above average working knowledge of Autodesk Revit Architecture® software a plus.
- Ability to read, interpret and review CSI MasterFormat Division 08 written and electronic architectural specifications and construction documents including, door schedules, hardware sets, floor plans, elevations, submittals, and shop drawings.
- Well versed in the understanding of fire, life safety, accessibility and model building codes in relation to door and hardware specifications.
- Strong sales, educational, and training presentation and communication skills are highly desired.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills and follow-up habits.Ability to meet multiple project deadlines and exercise effective time management with on-time activity reporting.Team orientated and results driven.
- Ability to work and perform responsibilities in the field at construction site and end user facilities.
- Up to 60% travel requirement.