ASSA ABLOY Door Security Solutions provides end-users (healthcare facilities, schools, universities, military, commercial buildings, etc.) with unsurpassed security and life-safety solutions and the essential support services (LEED consultation, code compliance, access control system integration, product research and selection, specification writing services, technical support, etc.) to ensure well-functioning doorway systems in the commercial building industry. This is all accomplished by combining the strengths of industry-leading door and hardware brands. Visit www.assaabloydss.com for more information.
JOB SUMMARYThe Specification Consultant is under the direct supervision of a Regional Architectural Manager with the skills necessary to effectively write Division 08 door and hardware specifications
- Provide support for the team's architectural and specification writing activities and services with the objective of increasing the market awareness and penetration of related ASSA ABLOY products and innovations.
- Responsible for team member and customer technical and special application questions and requests for mechanical hardware.
- Conduct or assist with value added Educational Programs currently registered with AIA/CES and CSI/CEN to strategic architectural firms, association events, and any other approved location with multiple design team decision makers and influencers.
- Facilitate project coordination meetings with architectural firm, end user, security consultants, integrator, construction manager/general contractor, and distributor if appropriate.
- Preparation of Door Hardware, Steel Door & Frame, Wood door, Integrated Door Opening Assemblies, Security Specifications, catalog cuts, and other related opening specification sections from targeted architectural firms, contract hardware distributors, and end user customers.
- Coordinate and assist with "Product Substitution and Approval" procedures.
- Routinely interact and communicate with local DSS agencies concerning architectural sales calls, specification bid coverage, end user specification guides and design standards, project tracking (CRM, McGraw/Hill Dodge, Team Meetings), sales growth objectives, and related marketplace strategies.
- Actively participate and network within local industry professional organizations including AIA, CSI, DHI, IIDA, USGBC, and any other approved associations.
- Meet agreed upon goals and objectives that include strategically focused markets for secured opening leads and or generated specification documents, targeted 'Solution' specification opportunities, architectural calls, and presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- College bachelor or Technical College associate degree in an industry related program (i.e. Architectural Drafting and CAD; Architectural Engineering; Architectural Technology; Construction and Building Management; Electronics Engineering) is a requirement.
- AHC/CDC, CDT, LEED GA or AP credentials preferred.
- Strong communication skills and a professional presentation demeanor are highly desired.
- Professional experience in builders or door hardware project management and shop drawing production, architectural computer aided design and drawings, construction management, or a similar industry related field is a highly preferred.
- A technical aptitude enhancing the ability to read, interpret and review architectural construction documents including door schedules, floor plans, elevations, submittals, shop drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of architectural construction documents including CSI MasterFormat and related Division 08 "Openings" specification sections is a plus.
- Above average computer skills and working knowledge of major Microsoft "Office Suite" software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills and follow up habits.
- Ability to meet multiple project deadlines and exercise effective time management.