ASSA ABLOY Door Security Solutions provides end-users (healthcare facilities, schools, universities, military, commercial buildings, etc.) with unsurpassed security and life-safety solutions and the essential support services (LEED consultation, code compliance, access control system integration, product research and selection, specification writing services, technical support, etc.) to ensure well-functioning doorway systems in the commercial building industry. This is all accomplished by combining the strengths of industry-leading door and hardware brands. Visit www.assaabloydss.com for more information.
JOB SUMMARYThe Architectural Consultant is under the direct supervision of a Regional Architectural Manager with the skills necessary to effectively solicit Division 08 door and hardware specification opportunities from the architectural community.
- Provide support to and supplement the architectural promotional and specification writing activities and services of the regional and local Door Security Solutions Specification and Architectural consulting team members.
- Identify and secure opportunities for the preparation of Door Hardware, Steel Door & Frame, Wood door, Integrated Door Opening Assemblies, Security Specifications, and other related opening specification sections from targeted architectural firms, contract hardware distributors, and end user customers.
- Conduct value added Educational Programs currently registered with AIA/CES, GBCI, and IDCEC to strategic architectural firms, association events, and any other approved location with multiple design team decision makers and influencers.
- Routinely update architectural firm libraries with the latest ASSA ABLOY operating company catalogs and related marketing material.
- Coordinate and assist with Division 01 "Product Substitution and Approval" procedures.
- Routinely interact and communicate with local DSS agencies concerning architectural sales calls, specification bid coverage, end user specification guides and design standards, project tracking (McGraw/Hill Dodge, PAR, Team Coordination Meetings), sales growth objectives, and related marketplace strategies.
- Actively participate and network within local industry professional organizations including CSI, AIA, DHI, IIDA, USGBC, and any other approved associations.
- Meet agreed upon goals and objectives that include strategically focused markets for secured opening leads and or generated specification documents, targeted 'Solution' specification opportunities, architectural calls, and presentations.
- Assist, with the opportunity learn how to prepare, Division 08 "Opening" Specifications including Door Hardware, Steel Door & Frame, Wood door, Integrated Door Opening Assemblies, Security Specifications, and other related opening specification sections.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- College bachelor or Technical College associate degree in an industry related program (i.e. Architectural Drafting and CAD; Architectural Engineering; Architectural Technology; Construction and Building Management; Electronics Engineering) is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Strong communication skills and a professional presentation demeanor are highly desired.
- Professional experience in builders or door hardware project management and shop drawing production, architectural computer aided design and drawings, construction management, or a similar industry related field is a highly preferred.
- A technical aptitude enhancing the ability to read, interpret and review architectural construction documents including door schedules, floor plans, elevations, submittals, shop drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of architectural construction documents including CSI MasterFormat and related Division 08 "Openings" specification sections is a plus.
- Above average computer skills and working knowledge of major Microsoft "Office Suite" software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills and follow up habits.
- Ability to meet multiple project deadlines and exercise effective time management.
- Ability to travel as required for the role.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs of sample and display material for sale presentations