ASSA ABLOY is the largest global supplier of door opening solutions. The Group is represented on both mature and emerging markets worldwide, with leading positions in much of Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. ASSA ABLOY was formed in 1994 through the merger of ASSA in Sweden and Abloy in Finland. Since then ASSA ABLOY has grown from a regional company into an international group with around 47,000 employees and annual sales of SEK 71 billion. We are dedicated to improving our customers' lives through security, safety and convenience.
JobRequirements and Responsibilities:
- Work with Engineers on product feasibility studies and new product concepts/product line expansion capabilities to meet customer needs and support company goals.
- Perform detail part layouts including tolerance studies and produces drawings used for product purchase and manufacture.
- Perform accurate assembly layouts showing motion and part interface as well as basic analysis. Produces assembly drawings that fully define configured product using standard tables and formats.
- Advanced User/Administrator of CAD systems. Understanding of CAD license management and upgrade paths. Able to troubleshoot and work with technical channels with bugs, fixes, issues and communicate the resolutions to all users. Instruct and enforce best practices. Understanding of how files are structured within the system. Manage the engineering documentation and file accessibility.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Field Service departments through problem diagnostics and resolution, relating to product assembly, quality, performance, installation, safety and use.
- Participate in and contributes to the cost improvement programs of the Division through Value Analysis/Value Engineering, design modifications, material substitutions, designing for assembly, implementation of new technologies, and planned product expansion.
On a Daily Basis will perform the following tasks:
- Product Design - Conceptual designs using 3D modeling and 2D drawing development
- Work closely with Engineers in developing 3D model concepts and 2D layouts as required
- Process Engineering Change Notices (ECN's) and release drawings
- Part, sub-assembly and assembly drawing creation using standardized formats
- Maintain Engineering documentation and electronic system.
- Assist Purchasing with documentation requests to ensure vendors are receiving accurate product documentation.
- Stay current with engineering software, coordinate and recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Work closely with database maintenance personnel to assist in the accuracy of product structures within the MRP system and configurator.
- Assist in product testing.
- Miscellaneous email correspondence, document control, etc.
Educational Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- An Associate's degree (2 yr) in an Engineering discipline preferred
- Three (3) years product designing experience in a manufacturing company preferred
- Training in CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Training in PDM/PLM (Teamcenter preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel (VBA coding experience a plus)
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written
- Well organized and highly motivated
Let's open the doors to the future - together!
Working for ASSA ABLOY means that you will be part of a dynamic environment, developing innovative solutions to improve our customers' lives. As the global leader in door opening solutions we are using the latest technologies to open doors to events, hospitals, education, homes, hotels, airports and businesses. Joining ASSA ABLOY means being part of a fast-moving company with many opportunities.
Would you like to join us in opening doors of the future?
ASSA ABLOY is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran