Job Description - Electrical Engineer - Twinsburg, OH (1901444)
Electrical Engineer - Twinsburg, OH(
In the role of Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Work on the Reuter-Stokes Engineering Team to develop high-level system specifications and documentation; perform system level design, electronic hardware design, embedded software design and system integration for sensor systems on the nuclear power and industrial sensor product lines
- Provide ongoing product support by investigating alternate methods, components & design changes, and making recommendations that will reduce costs and improve quality
- Ensure electrical component and system designs have appropriate analytics, empirical design/testing, and production level verification
- Develop qualification/test programs for products and ability to set-up and execute prescribed tests
- Ensure that proper DFSS and DFM rigor has been applied throughout the design process
- Coordinate multiple project tasks with the product Engineering Team Lead and work directly with the respective Product Line, Quality and Supply Chain Teams to ensure continued growth of the Product Line
- Lead and motivate other Engineers and Technicians in a team environment to foster a creative workplace, allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited College or University
- Minimum 3 years of electrical and/or electronics experience
- Minimum 1 year experience with analog design
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with hardware design, firmware, and software development on embedded platforms
- Hands-on test experience as applied to failure and root cause analysis
- Experience with low current analog design
- Experience in designing products for harsh environments (high temperature and high shock and vibration)
- Working knowledge of schematic entry tools; familiarity with board layout tools (Altium Designer preferred)
- Familiarity with SAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all organizational levels
- Must be a results oriented self-starter with a track record of delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external Customers especially regarding product design specifications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Familiarity with Six Sigma / Lean Quality Techniques (Green Belt Certification Preferred)
About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Primary Location:North America-United States-Ohio-TWINSBURG