Software Product Analyst 1
Job Family: Research & Development
Job DescriptionDivision: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 234762
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Division Description:At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT ANALYST (Software Requirements Engineer) supports the creation of product specifications based on customer and stakeholder requirements for the development of new products or changes to existing products.
- Support the elicitation of requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and/or task and workflow analysis.
- Support the creation of requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Support requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to documented processes and standards.
- Perform research, analysis, and documentation.
- Support the validation of functional requirements, use cases, workflows, and data models.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
- Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in a commercial requirements management tool.
- Support the management of requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Identify requirements errors and defects, and write requirements defect reports.
- Support the management of changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Assist with the development or improvement of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Participate in implementing ways to reuse requirements across projects and products.
- Basic knowledge of contemporary requirements principles.
- Basic knowledge of how enterprise software products are positioned and developed.
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Analytical skills, to evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, and distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Facilitation skills, to support requirements elicitation workshops.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques, such as site visits, and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to the department’s customers and stakeholders.
- Organizational skills, to work with the array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Interpersonal skills, to help facilitate discussions.
- Independently perform basic tasks and functions.
- Seeks advice and guidance on nonroutine or problem areas from others.
Knowledge and skill of any of the following items is a plus
- FDA Design Control regulations, and associated standards and guidances
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- DOORS Requirements System
- Experience with medical diagnostic devices / analyzers
- Experience on an Agile/Scrum team
- Database fundamentals
- Communication protocols, such as POCT1A, HL7, ASTM
- Statistical Data Analysis
- BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An appropriate advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.