Job Description - System Test and Validation Engineer - Mnden, NV (1902030)
System Test and Validation Engineer - Mnden, NV(
About Us Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The System Test & Validation Engineer will work in new product development and existing product sustaining/support as part of an agile team. The System Test & Validation Engineer is expected to develop robust test solutions in short-cycle design environments, leveraging existing technologies, promoting standardization, reliability and process efficiency.
- Qualifications/Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 1 year experience using C / C++ / C# programming language (school project work is acceptable)
- Desired Characteristics :
- High energy, results driven team-player with strong interpersonal skills and a quality mind-set
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Basic understanding of electrical circuit components and operation
- Expertise and knowledge of test driven development concepts
- Experience in embedded systems and or programming object oriented code
- Experience using software debugging tools; emulators, debuggers, etc.
- Experience using hardware debugging tools; oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex ideas to various audiences
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive process improvements
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fast learner with energy and enthusiasm
- Knowledge and or working experience of the AGILE development process
- Experience in verification and validation of requirements
- Green Belt certified and DFSS trained (GE Employees Only)
Primary Location:North America-United States-Nevada-MINDEN