Requisition ID: 210532
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: [[cust_IntCand]]
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Project No.: 26129
- Grade: 25
1. JOB PURPOSE1.1 Develops summary and detailed estimates for the estimating process across the company, providing accurate and robust figures to be used by internal and external stakeholders.
1.2 Takes a lead role in estimate reviews and presentations and provides and supports data and cost analysis
2. ACCOUNTABILITIES2.1 Key functions and responsibilities of the role:
2.1.1 Deliver estimates and provide input for detailed/bottom -up forecasting outturns against benchmarks, norms and current progress.
2.1.2 Incorporates best practice from industry estimating and related controls services to support consistent best in class approaches and decision making.
2.1.3 Provide support to the development of programme wide models including (amongst others) indirect costs, whole life, and prelims.
2.1.4 Responsible for reviewing estimates from consultants and provides recommendation on OLE systems costs.
3. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE3.1 Degree in engineering, construction management, business management or related field
3.2 Knowledge of OLE systems, suppliers, products and costs.
3.3 Extensive knowledge of capital cost estimating
3.4 Demonstrated ability to readily analyse estimate data and correlate to other projects and to conceptualize the total project scope.
3.5 Experience (minimum (8-12 Years) working with multiple estimating disciplines and a matrix organization including Construction, Engineering, Project Controls, Procurement, Contracts and Commissioning to collect all necessary data on scope and quantities to prepare accurate estimates
3.6 Must demonstrate advanced level of expertise in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Power BI and Excel, typically acquired through multiple years of experience.
3.7 Knowledge of engineering and/or construction management.
4. DECISIONMAKING4.1Makes estimating decisions through evaluation of scope (including OLE), contract, desired estimate type/quality and time/resources available.
4.2 Works within broadly defined guidelines, principles and policies providing an influential role persuading and advising others in achieving project goals. Some highly complex decision making is escalated to the Estimating Manager, or made collectively with input from Cost Analyst.
4.3 Makes decisions within the boundaries of his responsibilities and accountability in role, within the central estimating team.
5. FACTS AND FIGURES5.1 Limited budgetary responsibility and indirect impact on overall HS2 budget through route, station and depot design.
6. OTHER CONTEXTUAL6.1 This supporting role interfaces with internal stakeholders predominantly within HS2 Ltd.
6.2 This role is supportive to the central estimating team that looks at Business Intelligence, data analysis, inflation, material prices etc. they are the focal point for the business, both externally & internally.
6.3 The role supports the central application of systems and total cost stack reporting.
6.4 Relates to OLE Engineering functions to support decision making.
7. HEALTH AND SAFETY7.1 Take reasonable care to ensure your own and others’ health and safety – including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role – by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 S.A.F.E programme principles.
7.2 Cooperate with HS2 in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times and not interfering with measures in place to protect your health, safety or welfare.
7.3 Advocate and promote the company’s well-being strategy and policies.
This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.