Req ID 85665
- Country (2) - Location / Office (2) -
Students (Internships, Work Experience, Grads)
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Amadeus is where the innovative solutions of tomorrow’s travel are being imagined, designed and developed.
Amadeus is the leading provider of IT solutions to the worldwide travel and tourism industry. We are seeking highly motivated and talented professionals who enjoy technical challenges and are eager to design and deliver IT solutions that impact the business, social, and human facets of the travel industry.
The Amadeus Payment Server is a large scale open back end which is critical and connected to numerous external systems (Payment Service Providers like Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, Amex…) and used by many Amadeus applications/front-ends via services or payment pages.
As an Intern, you will be first located 3 months in Nice (France) to learn the basics of the Amadeus payment environment then you will be transferred to the United States with the Boston Engineering Payment team. You will be working in close relationship with developers, business analysts, quality engineers and product management who provides solutions to airlines, travel agents, airports, and more… in the Americas such as the integration of new forms of payment (credit cards, vouchers etc.), integration of new Payment Service Providers, development of PCI DSS compliance solutions for the travel industry etc.
The purpose of this internship is to identify, analyze and build a financial liability analysis pipeline:
- You will work with a team of payment travel experts in Boston to determine what a financial liability is inside the travel industry. You will research and understand what makes a merchant liability in a payment transaction and a sale. You will work with different types of data such as JSON documents, XML data reports and financial reports. You will answer questions like "What induces a liability?" and "What does a liability look like?"
- Once you have identified liabilities, you work to extract meaningful data. You will provide an in depth analysis to answer important questions for transactions and sales. You will answer questions like "Who is liable?", "Why are they liable?", "When does the liability end?” etc… using Machine Learning technologies or other Data crunching technics.
- Finally, having your identification and analysis ready, you will work to build the pipeline. You will build an application which will take different data sources, identify their liabilities, provide an detailed analysis answering questions and provide an interactive way of understanding this analysis.
The milestones you will work to accomplish:
- An application(s) to perform the necessary pipeline actions including:
- Data consumption from different sources
- Aggregation of the data sources
- Cross reference of the data
- Automated analysis via algorithm, Machine Learning or other techniques.
- Storage of the liability analysis
- An easy, clean and concise way of interacting with your analysed liability information
- Documentation to explain how you have identified liabilities and how the analysis markers are created.
This is an ambitious subject, as you will have to go through the different steps of an application developer (from functional requirement definition & technical analysis to implementation) on top of understanding different payment and financial concepts.
- You are attracted by challenges, You are interested in information gathering, You are interested in working with data and analysis, You have strong developer skills ,You have good communication skills, You like to work in a team in agile and you are attracted by foreign countries and different cultures.
- Experience with data analysis tools like Kibana, elastic search, Kafka is recommended
- Experience with programming languages like Python, R, SQL is recommended.
- Experience or Knowledge in Machine Learning and Deep Learning is recommended.
- Knowledge with scripting languages like Shell, Perl is a plus.
- Knowledge in the payment and/or Travel Industry is a plus.
Please note that in accordance with French law, internships require a school agreement and that the applicant must be a registered student until the end of the internship.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.