Req ID 84963
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
PurposeBusiness Strategy is one of the units of the Corporate Strategy Division with the role to perform projects on complex strategic issues in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, support the Excom to define the long term strategy at Corporate level, identifying main threats and opportunities, provide strategic assessment on M&A targets and support definition/implementation of main growth opportunities (including innovation) for the company.
As part of the Business Strategy team, the Strategy Manager will
- lead strategy projects with main stakeholders in the company (direct counterparts at Senior Manager / Director level)
- clarify expectations and align recommendations with sponsors
- contribute to identify and support assessment of main M&A targets when required
- contribute to support the assessment of internal or external innovation ventures
- coach junior members of the team to structure and perform analyses
Key accountabilitiesDelivery of strategic studies:
Amadeus strategic projects usually involve many stakeholders internally and externally, require a deep analysis of the possible scenarios and of the most appropriate responses from Amadeus.
- Define the scope and deliverables in co-operation with internal client.
- Drive the project using best practices, co-coordinating resources from Corporate Strategy, BU's, internal support functions and, very importantly, external sources of knowledge.
- Present findings and recommendations to appropriate decision groups (BU, ExCom...).
All of the above with leveraging his/her supervisors’ (cf. Senior Manager / Head of BST) time and skills.
Coaching / Virtual Team Management:The Strategy Manager will manage a virtual team composed of more junior team members (analyst and interns), internal stakeholders and external resources.
- Support the framing of the problem solving (how to structure an analysis / prepare a workshop),
- Share best practices and feedback to develop team members to ensure quality and applicability of the deliverables and create value and impact for Amadeus, and
- Participate to the yearly performance assessment of the team members he/she worked with during the year.
M&A assessment:The Strategy Manager will support to identify, filter and assess in details potential acquisition targets supporting Amadeus Long Term Strategy
Innovation assessment:The Strategy Manager will support to business validate potential innovation projects from RIV
Represent Corporate Strategy/Amadeus in a number of internal and external events (e.g. market seminars, regular BU checkpoints, etc.).
EducationA Graduate Degree from a well known academic institution (Business and/ or Engineering) is a must
Relevant work experienceIdeally 3-4 years in a Tier 1 Strategy consulting firms (McK, BCG, Bain) or Corporate
- Powerpoint, Excel, Word.
- English. Other languages, notably French (Nice-based) or Spanish an advantage.
- Financial & Strategic frameworks, Problem Solving
- Technical excellence
- Building relations
- Problem solving
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.