Req ID 86212
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
Research and Development
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading!
When we’re looking to hire at Amadeus, we look internally first. Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to
drive your career, apply now!
I] Summary of the roleWe are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work on our new Dynamic Intelligence Hub based at our London Heathrow development centre. This platform generates a lot of interest in the airline community.
You will join a tribe following agile scrum methodology that is designing, developing and maintaining a real-time streaming platform, hosted in the cloud, using state of the art technology.
This platform touches all segments of our business such as reservations, ticketing, departure control, inventory or even airlines proprietary systems. It allows airlines to react in real-time to their operations, creating and running key use cases in a modern and highly serviceable environment.
Within Amadeus, the Dynamic Intelligence Hub team works closely with teams across multiple sites (London, Nice, Bangalore, Miami, Erding), applications and groups (R&D, Commercial, Global Operations).
As a DevOps / SRE Engineer, you will be accountable for the technical design, development , delivery and operation of the product functionalities based on the solutions agreed with stakeholders.
II] Main ResponsibilitiesDesign, operation and automation of core DIH infrastructures
- Deployment automation of our Micro-service-based, Streaming architecture within OpenShift on OpenStack
- Fully-automated Continuous Integration, deployment and delivery pipelines ensuring successful promotion of our platform software and automated fallbacks of regressions
- State-of-the art, cloud-native Logging and Monitoring solutions leveraging Opentracing and Prometheus
- Live & batched Data feeds covering all segments of Amadeus business and beyond!
- Deployment of automated processes to streamline daily platform tasks and operations
- Work closely with Product Management, Developers, Technical Business Analysts, Quality Assurance and Global Operations to create and develop high quality code for internal/external customers that works and is consistent with requirements documents
- Collaborate with your fellow team members, to benefit from their knowledge and different backgrounds, and bring your own assets to the team
- Coordinate cross team/cross area development with other teams and developers
Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
Relevant work experience
- Willing to embrace new technologies and bring innovative solutions to leverage them
- Have a solid grasp of scalability, stability and security challenges of a customer-centric, cloud-based application
- Passionate about and committed to allow fast evolutions of the platform while ensuring its continuous service and stability
- Able to troubleshoot issues on all levels of the platform and efficiently recover them
- Learn from failures and incidents - design, document, and establish counter-measures driving continuous improvement
- Assist, administrate and empower Users and Developers of the platform
- Able to deliver high quality and consistent results in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Consistently meet established deadlines
- Maintain timely reports on status of projects, potential technical problems and any other relevant details
- Understanding of the Amadeus Operations structure, and the standard Amadeus processes,
- Awareness of the Airline industry and the Airlines ecosystem
- Computing: Extensive Linux sysadmin and scripting skills
Container and virtualization technologies experience
Cloud platforms ecosystem and automated configuration frameworks experience
Continuous integration and delivery pipelines principles experience
Java, Kafka and MongoDB experience are a plus
General understanding of network layers (TCP/IP, load balancing...) is a plus
- Specific knowledge:
Some knowledge and (ideally) experience in Agile Scrum methodology.
Autonomy, self-motivation and pro-activity
Accountability, commitment to deliver durable work of quality, ready to embrace challenges.
Customer focus, dynamic/creative way of working
Flexibility, adaptability to fast changing business and technical environment
Team player, multicultural approach, eager to learn from other and share knowledge
Analytical and conceptual thinking, information gathering
Good written and oral communication abilities
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.