DescriptionJob Title: Developer
Location: PuneGrade: AVP
- To lead the development and delivery of great solutions for customer and colleagues
- To drive continual improvement in our ability to better develop and deliver great solutions
- Lead and participate in a full range of activities required to deliver high quality software, including:
oThoroughly understanding business problems and the business domain, and how potential solutions may address problems and enhance business capabilities
oWork with Business Analysts, Product Owners and other staff to refine requirements and acceptance criteria
oPlanning and estimating
oA full range of testing activities (principally automated but including some manual and exploratory), alongside dedicated Testers
oChecking the business impact of solutions
- Review and enhance designs and solution proposals
- Act as a Technical Lead for one or more applications or components, maintaining an in-depth understanding of them, being a point of expertise and ensuring their ongoing quality and integrity
- Lead small teams of developers working on those applications and components, including focusing the team on its goals, organising work, mentoring, sharing knowledge and enforcing standards
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues – Designers, Testers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, and more
- Proactively manage risks and issues
- Continually improve your own skills and knowledge
- Continually improve our collective delivery effectiveness
- Help others develop by sharing skills and knowledge
- Assist in product roadmap definition
- Ensure our solutions are extensible, maintainable, testable, scalable, manageable and performant
- You will be an excellent coder. Core Java is our primary language, and you will understand the major benefits and drawbacks of Java. Any experience in other languages is beneficial, especially if that experience has helped enhance your Java knowledge
- Your excellent coding skills will include creating code that is a joy to maintain and enhance. You will be well versed and skilled in the techniques of test driven / test-first development, continuous integration, ‘clean coding’ and refactoring, and will produce great documentation
- You will preferably have experience leading others, as a technical lead or in a similar role, including responsibilities such as ensuring a focus on goals, organising work, mentoring, sharing knowledge, enforcing standards and managing risks and issues
- You will have strong technical design skills, able to assess design options, communicate them effectively and make decisions. You will have good knowledge of design patterns and how to use them properly
- You will be strongly customer focused, enthusiastic about understanding customer and business problems deeply, and to track whether our solutions have provided their intended benefit
- You will be effective in helping to shape good requirements and testable acceptance criteria, and talking regularly to Business Analysts, Product Owners, users or other user representatives. You will be keen to understand the business benefits of our solutions, and to track them
- You will be an enthusiastic tester, happy to thoroughly test your own and your team’s solutions, and lead them in doing so. One of your first thoughts when dealing with any change will be ‘how can we best test this’, and one of your second will be ‘how can we test this even better’! Your testing skills will include deriving test scenarios, expressing ideas for areas to test, assessing risks, automation, exploratory testing, boundary & equivalence analysis, and more
- You will be continually looking for workable ways in which we can work quicker whilst keeping quality high – be they organisational or technical. You will be aware of different development methodologies, and will have experience in at least some. You will understand the core principles behind Agile and DevOps, not just the well-known practices
- You will be a great problem solver, able to grab hold of problems that may not be perfectly defined, to investigate, to provide and advise on options, and implement solutions
- You will collaborate effectively with others. You will see deliveries as team deliveries, and not focus excessively on ‘my own tasks’ at the expense of the overall delivery
- You will value Continuous Improvement, and work to identify and understand issues affecting quality and deliveries, in order to make effective improvements
- You will continually work on improving your own skills and knowledge. You will be equally enthusiastic about teaching others and helping them develop
- You will be able to manage sometimes competing priorities and make judgements, for instance if delivery dates are under threat. You will be able to plan for and manage risk effectively
- You will be a strong communicator, verbally and in writing, able to tailor your message appropriately to the audience
- You will be enthusiastic about delivering high quality solutions, and always looking for ways in which quality can be improved
- You will be bold about challenging accepted ideas, to find better ways of delivering great solutions to customers and colleagues
- You will have experience of at least some of the following:complex distributed systems, multi-site / timezone working, SOAP / REST Web Services, JSON, XML, HTTP, Contact Centre / telephony solutions, VoiceXML, SRGS Grammars, banking and financial services
- It is preferred but not essential for you to have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant software engineering or other technical discipline
About UsBarclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control ObjectiveAll Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Your ApplicationTo be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
https://jobs.barclays.co.uk/search-jobs/ & enter the Job ID.
Barclays Values & DiversityDynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Also do find the link below
- Barclays recently announced the creation of a new world-class campus at Gera Commerzone located in Kharadi. All Pune based roles will eventually start to move to this new campus starting September 2019. In the run up to that, during the course of 2018, there may be transitory movements of some roles to other temporary sites. Please speak with your recruiter about the specific location plans for your role.