DescriptionJob Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: 40 Corporate Pl South, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Operations and Technology
Operations & Technology works in partnership with the organisation as a whole, helping to create products and services that deliver exceptional customer and client experience.
Providing expertise and partnering with our colleagues, customers and clients.
Our Operations and Technology colleagues provide expertise in innovation, customer experience, digital and mobile technology, global operations, shared services, data management, corporate real estate and sourcing.
About Barclaycard Technology
When people think of banks, they usually think of branches, investment banking and board rooms. But online banking, complex international transactions and security require complex technology – and that is why technology is a driving force at Barclays.
Overall Purpose of role
Responsibilities of the Full Stack Java Developer:
- Develop high-volume web applications using Java 1.8 / JEE Framework.
- Experience > 6 Yrs, Banking Industry an Advantage.
- Developing high performing distributed web applications
- Highly knowledgeable in OOP, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, RESTful, SOAP, JMS, JDBC, WebLogic, WebSphere, Oracle
- Extensive experience with performance optimization and scalability
- Experience with SCRUM / Agile development
- Passionate about software engineering and new technologies!
- Should have 6 yrs experience.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java
- Experience researching new technologies, identifying and learning best practices, adapting quickly, providing technical guidance to other team members, and presenting and demoing to users, stakeholders, and technology groups
- Experience with Cucumber is strongly preferred
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Demonstrated and strong experience designing, developing and coding scripts for automation testing, experience developing scripts using Selenium and Java (e.g. Page Object Implementation, API Test Automation, Web services testing), and experience with RDBMS
- Experience managing and tracking work using management tools like JIRA and following and promoting Agile practices like SCRUM and BDD
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience > 1-2 Yrs , Banking Industry
- Experience > 1-2 Yrs Developing high performing distributed web applications
- Experience > 1-2 Yrs in OOP, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, RESTful, SOAP, JMS, JDBC, WebLogic, WebSphere, Oracle.
- Experience > 1-2 Yrs in React JS/Angular JS/Ember JS, etc.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.