Software Engineer - Platform Experience and Efficiency
San Francisco, CA
Who We AreThe Platform Experience and Efficiency (PXE) team provides interfaces and tools for developers within Twitter to work with Twitter's internal platform. We also provide tools and data for tracking resource ownership and utilization, and to support analysis and planning based on this information. We aim to make it easier for engineers to manage their services, for department leads to plan budgets and capacity, and for incident responders to quickly identify affected teams.
What You'll Do
- You will help create an intuitive and easy-to-use interface for Twitter's internal infrastructure
- You will partner with Twitter's infrastructure teams to build the services and tools to create an integrated platform experience
- You will work with customers to help design intuitive user experiences to help developers do their work easily and efficiently
- You will develop tools for managers, directors, and executives to help understand the cost of running Twitter's infrastructure
Who You Are
- You have experience with or interest in back-end development and with building scalable and reliable systems.
- You are customer-centric and passionate about building usable, compelling experiences for users.
- You are comfortable working in a modern software engineering environment and supporting software through its full lifecycle, including code reviews, testing, documentation, and troubleshooting.
- You have a growth mindset, and are willing to learn, teach, and improve your skills.
- BS or better in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong track record of ownership of services
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.