Intern, Data Science (Singapore)
Twitter Singapore data science team is opening up applications for Summer 2019 Data Science internship positions.
You will be paired with a mentor and work on challenging projects using Twitter's massive data to answer interesting questions. We use Scala, SQL, Python and R in the team. We are a small team in Singapore and we solve problems that help the company make data driven decisions.
To apply, you must be an enrolled student.Requirements:
- Pursuing a degree (undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative disciplines
- You should have taken courses on topics such as database systems, software engineering, information retrieval, machine learning and / or statistics.
- Willingness to learn and an open mind.
- Able to commit for 12 weeks full-time.
You are great at:
- Exploring and visualizing data to drive insights
- Designing and implementing metrics that help teams focus on what to optimize for
- Working with Product Managers, engineers and designers to understand where data can be helpful
- Transforming complicated problems into simpler, tractable ones
- Communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders