CareersSearch open rolesOpen Roles
Procurement, Finance & Accounting in Chicago, IL
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the RoleThis role is responsible for ensuring Uber Freight’s Collection process operates as efficiently as possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the BPO collection analyst assigned to their portfolio and implementing collection processes and controls, ensuring AR balances remain within the credit limits, aging statements are correct and Account Receivable reports are accurate.
What You’ll Do
- Meet with large strategic clients on a periodic basis to align on contractual terms and participate in period billing calls.
- Monitor the collection process to ensure customers are held to their financial/contractual obligations as partners with Uber.
- Research and resolve all issues (short-paid) with invoices and statements for large strategic accounts and escalations from the BPO/vendor who handles daily collections activity.
- Monitor the invoicing process and align teams to correct any process discrepancies.
- Identify, size, prioritize, and communicate opportunities to improve Uber’s Accounts Receivable process to GPO of Credit & Collections
- Aggregate and analyze collections data and publish weekly metrics.
- Work with Uber Freights’ Sales teams to ensure timely collection of outstanding balances.
- Prepare and redistribute customer invoices and statements in accordance to Uber Freights’ customers’ requirements.
- Support Global Head of Order to Cash in leading the offshore BPO, by answering questions and helping improve the process.
- Provide top-notch customer service to all Freight customers, and provided an Uber Quality product on a daily basis.
What You’ll Need
- 1 Minimum Years of Experience with Accounts Receivable
About the TeamBusiness Operations is pioneering how Uber Freight develops, maintains, and optimizes it’s business processes. We look at every single process needed to run the business, determine how it can be done more efficiently, and develop the framework to standardize and automate it. It takes someone special to be able to look at a problem at its surface, and develop ideas on how to do it quicker, easier, and more efficiently. Apply Now
See our Candidate Privacy Statement
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.